Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Beginnings

Beginnings are important.  I believe in beginnings.  I've got boxes of books of beginnings but not one end.

Endings... so final, imposed, closed.

Beginnings begin.  They bring together things that never were to make us long to live and love.

Endings shutter us.  Each stuttered period clattering death to a sentence, paragraph, page.

And those who plead, "Beginnings imply the end" as though it were some maxim, some nihilistic, heat-death apology, I say to you - only by beginnings outpacing their ends does an existence continue at all.

While I'm willing to entertain the notion that the end might be nigh - I'm not inclined to concede the point. 

Not yet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One purpose of this blog is to connect with people. If you are commenting because the post has connected with you or if you want to debate or question the ideas contained, thanks and welcome.